18 December, 2007

Always Read The Fine Print

Recently I saw a banner ad for a Get Paid To site that looked interesting. Supposedly you could get paid not only for completing offers, but also for paid emails and games. I don't really like to sign up for offers so much so I thought it was great that they had more than one way to earn. I went to the site, called Snap Dollars, and was reading the FAQ section, which I normally do to find out how it works and how and when I will be paid.

3. Ok- what about these Offers - am I obligated to sign up?

Absolutely NOT! You are NEVER required to sign up for the Offers on our web site. Choose ONLY the ones you are interested in. Keep in mind though, in many cases signing up for an Offer will also include earning cash.


However, if you continue reading the FAQ section, you will get to this question:

9. Will I have to wait long for my check?

All requests for checks are processed NET 25. SnapRewards must first be paid by our advertisers. What this means is that if you request your check in January, it will be sent on or around Febuary 25.

At least $15 of your total must be made by offers, not just reading email.



What? What does that last line say? At least $15 of earnings MUST come from signing up for offers? I thought they said I didn't have to do any offers. Hmmm....

As you can imagine, I did not join this site as I thought it was a tad dishonest. But it did serve as a reminder to always read the fine print.

No comments: