18 April, 2010

Getting free stuff is easy! PART 1

Scoring free items from laundry soap to movie tickets or that pair of Nike's you want, is easier than you might think.

First, I recommend signing up for an email address that is strictly for sweeps, coupons and freebies.  You can get one of these FREE from Hotmail, Yahoo, or Google.

Second, make a list of your favorite stores and restaurants and if you haven't already, sign up on their email or snail mail lists.  They will send you discounts and free items throughout the year. As an example, just for being on Kohl's mailing list I received a $10 off any purchase of $10 or more coupon in the mail yesterday.  Awesome! That's a couple of tanks for the summer!  Plus the whole month of June, my birthday month, is a dining out free for all!

Another way stores reward you is by  giving you a rewards card where you receive points for every purchase you make.  I have one of these cards for several stores. Kroger offers points that are transferable for cents of gas purchases. We can all use 10 to 50 cents off a gallon of gas these days!

Third, find out if  your bank or credit cards offer points programs.  PNC offers a program where you get points for purchases made using your debit card, checks or credit card.  These points can be exchanged for gift cards, merchandise or cash back!

These are just a few ways to get free stuff that require no work on your part. All you have to do is sign up and then shop like you normally would! Keep an eye out for PART 2, coming soon.......

1 comment:

Lori @ More With Less Today said...

Hi CM,
I enjoyed stopping by your site today. I have a similar site and I try to post new freebies several times a week. I invite you to visit.You are welcome to share any content with your readers. I would enjoy writing a guest post for your site anytime as well. All my best, Lori at www.morewithlesstoday.com