29 November, 2007

Offline Reward Programs Rock Too!

I know this site is supposed to be all about online opportunities to make money and get free stuff, but I just had to take a moment to recommend joining some offline reward programs too. I love to get rewarded, especially if it doesn't take any extra energy on my part.

Most department stores have some kind of frequent buyer club, find out if they have one for what you buy a lot of. For example, JCPenneys and Elder Beerman have lingerie clubs, once you buy a certain number of bras/panties you get 1 for free. These items get expensive and it is a great savings if you can get them free every once in awhile. Ask for a punch card the next time you are in these stores.

Most chain gas stations now offer discount/rewards cards. My gas station of choice offers 5 cents off per gallon using this card every couple of months. When gas is over $3 per gallon every penny counts. Also, it automatically enters my information for all of their frequent buyer clubs. For instance, when I buy 6 fountain pops my 7th one is free. I also get points for every purchase which can be turned in for merchandise including everything from coffee to a gift card to Applebee's.

Another offline reward program to check out? Your bank or credit card issuer. My bank offers a point reward program. For every dollar in purchases I make with my debit card, I receive 2 points. I get 25 points for writing a check and bonus points for paying bills online. These points can be turned in for various things like gift cards, merchandise, and even cash. I am going to make purchases and pay bills anyway so why not get something back?

These are just some of the fantastic ways to get free stuff offline. I have gotten a lot of free merchandise from these various programs and they are definitely worth checking out. No opportunity to get something for free should ever be overlooked.

No comments: